Confirmation (Jewish rite)
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Ahavath Achim was founded in 1886 and is Atlanta’s second oldest congregation. Today, they are Atlanta’s largest Conservative congregation. The records consist of annual reports, minutes, correspondence, financial records and membership information.
Helen Shulahfer Whitehill is the daughter of Philip and Hannah Shulhafer. Philip Shulhafer was Personnel Director of Montag Paper Company. Hannah Shulhafer was active in The Temple, National Council of Jewish Women and a variety of social service organizations in Atlanta. The papers consists of various papers relating to the Shulhafers and their close friend Rebecca Gershon.
Rabbi Kranz served Temple Sinai in Atlanta, Georgia for over 25 years. The bulk of the collection is correspondence thanking him for all his service to the community and his congregants. Also in the collection are materials from his tenure at Chicago Sinai congregation. Additional correspondence can be found in subject specific folders.
Rodeph Sholom Congregation was founded in 1875 and is still in existence today. The records consist of minutes, correspondence, cemetery records, financial and legal records, and general administrative files. Of special interest to researchers are the indentures which provide a clear account of the congregation’s property.
Temple Beth Israel – Gadsden, Alabama was unofficially founded in 1903. The synagogue and its membership were active in the general community life of Gadsden. Without a growing population, the congregation was finally forced to close its doors in 2010. The collection consists of minutes, correspondence, and bulletins of the congregation, as well as records from Gadsden chapter of B’nai B’rith Women and the Gadsden Federated Jewish Charities.