Women’s League for Conservative Judaism
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Martin and Doris Goldstein are active members in the Jewish community of Atlanta, Georgia. During the Cold War, they were strong supporters of Soviet Jewry. The collection consists of correspondence, writings, programs, speeches, and newspaper clippings.
Papers consisting of honor, awards, certificates and memorabilia from school and camp activities, and files from the Southern Branch Women's League for Conservative Judaism, the Torah Fund of the Jewish Theological Seminary, and Ahavath Achim Congregation Sisterhood.
In 1958, this branch began as a branch in training. Eleven Sisterhoods participated in the first conference in 1959 with Phyllis Weinstein was chosen as leader. The Women’s League officially accepted the branch at the 1960 Convention. The mission is to serve as a connection between Women’s League and its affiliates and members and to provide services that will strengthen Sisterhoods.