Rabbis -- Georgia
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Congregation Beth Jacob is an Orthodox congregation located in Atlanta, Georgia, that was founded in 1943 and is still in existence today. The records consists of annual reports, minutes, correspondence, financial records, membership information, bulletins, newsletters, and building plans for both the 1855 LaVista Road building and its expansion in the 1970s.
Rabbi Isaac E. Marcuson was the spiritual leader at Temple Beth Israel, Macon, Georgia, for over 58 years. The bulk of the collection contains letters and requests for materials published for and by the Central Conference of American Rabbis. Additional correspondence can be found in subject specific folders. The collection contains material concerning World War II and the efforts in Macon to assist Jews escaping Nazi persecution prior to and after World War II.
Researchers studying the Rabbi Tobias Geffen Papers will gain insight into orthodox Jewish life during the 20th century. All materials arranged in alphabetical order by subject and chronically within each folder.