Skip to main content

Jews -- Georgia -- Albany

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources

Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:

Myron Lobman Family Papers

 Collection
Identifier: Mss 207
Abstract A native of Alabama, Myron Lobman was a prominent businessman in Montgomery. The papers consist primarily of business records from Stein-Lobman Dry Goods Company. Papers relating to the activities of the Lobman family of Montgomery are also included in the collection. The letter copy books from 1891-1903, contain the pertinent correspondence of the principals of Steiner-Lobman relating to the transactions of the company. The records also contain the customer names of the hundreds of small...
Dates: 1880 - 2002

Rabbi Edmund A. Landau Family Papers

 Collection
Identifier: Mss 090
Abstract Rabbi Landau was a contemporary of Rabbi David Marx of The Temple in Atlanta, and both were schooled in the teachings of Classical Reform Judaism. Confirmation of these teachings is evident in the writings and addresses of Dr. Landau found within this collection. Throughout Rabbi Landau's tenure at Temple B'nai Israel he served as a respected leader within the Jewish and general communities of Albany. The papers consist of correspondence, record books of birth, marriages and funerals at which...
Dates: 1878 - 1982

Sisterhood of Temple B’nai Israel (Albany, Ga.) Records

 Collection
Identifier: Mss 095
Abstract Sisterhood of Temple B'nai Israel, Albany. Georgia was originally known as the Hebrew Ladies Aid Society and was founded in 1895 as The Ladies Aid Society. The records consist of correspondence, financial records and minutes.
Dates: 1906 - 1989

Temple B’nai Israel/Albany Hebrew Congregation (Albany, Ga.) Records

 Collection
Identifier: Mss 164
Abstract Temple B'nai Israel has been a Reform congregation since its founding in 1854 and was a charter member of the Union of American Hebrew Congregations, now the Union for Reform Judaism. The records are composed primarily of the minutes and financial records relating to the daily activities of this congregation.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1861 - 1999

The Hebrew Ladies Benevolent Society (Albany, Ga.) Records

 Collection
Identifier: Mss 097
Abstract The Hebrew Ladies Benevolent Society of Albany, Georgia was organized on February 10, 1878, by 13 women with the purpose of “doing good to all mankind and to bestow charity upon all that are needy and worthy of the same, and to promote in general all that is good and noble.” Throughout its history, the Society has lived up to these ideals and can be credited with benefiting hundreds of Albany’s citizens by providing both charity and benevolence. The records consist of minutes, correspondence,...
Dates: 1878 - 1985

Young Ladies Co-operative Society (Albany, Ga.) Records

 Collection
Identifier: Mss 096
Abstract The Young Ladies Co-operative Society of Albany, Georgia, began in 1901 to coordinate social and charitable events in the local Jewish community. The records consist of two minute books that cover the entire history of the organization.
Dates: 1901 - 1925