Found in 96 Collections and/or Records:
A study of Jewish population, funded by the Federation in 1947, highlighted the need for a facility based on the growing number and higher percentage of aged in the total population. The William Breman Jewish Home opened its facility for the aged in 1951. The collection consists of minutes, correspondence, and newsletters.
The Hungarian Benevolent Society was founded in 1911 in Atlanta, Georgia. The mission of the organization was to come to the relief of its members. In 1942, the organization changed its name to the United Benevolent Society.
The United Jewish Orthodox Association was organized by members of the Orthodox community of Atlanta and the Southeast to encourage the Hebrew Orphans' Home to provide orphans with both a Kosher kitchen and a Jewish education. The records include correspondence, minutes (in Yiddish), and contribution lists.
Followers of Zion (F.O.Z) Chapter of Young Judaea was founded in Atlanta in 1951. The collection consists of a scrapbook of chapter activities.