Congregation Beth Jacob (Atlanta, Ga.)
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Congregation Beth Jacob is an Orthodox congregation located in Atlanta, Georgia, that was founded in 1943 and is still in existence today. The records consists of annual reports, minutes, correspondence, financial records, membership information, bulletins, newsletters, and building plans for both the 1855 LaVista Road building and its expansion in the 1970s.
David Alterman (1917-1993) was one of five brothers who, with their father, owned and operated a wholesale grocery business in Atlanta. David (Dave) Alterman and his wife, Sara, were also active in synagogue life and a wide variety of Jewish community organizations.