Jewish Ladies Aid Society (Columbus, Ga.)
Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Identifier: Mss 109
Abstract The Jewish Ladies Aid Society (JLAS) was founded on July 5, 1874 in Columbus, Georgia, by The Ladies Purim Association. These women decided to broaden the focus of their association which was up to now limited to an annual Purim ball, to include charity and benevolence within the Jewish community and throughout the City of Columbus. Originally named the Daughters of Israel, this newly formed organization would subsequently change its name to the Hebrew Benevolent Society, The Ladies Aid...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1874 - 2000
Found in: William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum