Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains records created by and relating to Congregation Agudath Achim, a synagogue in Savannah, Georgia, that is affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism.
Congregation Beth El was a short-lived Conservative synagogue established in 1954. The records consist of certificate, scrapbook, song sheet, and newsletter.
Congregation Etz Chaim is a conservative synagogue located in Marietta, Georgia. Their records include correspondence, meeting minutes, directories, newsletters, newspaper clippings, and speeches.
Researchers examining the Congregation Yeshurun (Savannah, Ga.) Records will gain insight into an orthodox congregation in Savannah, Georgia. The records are arranged in alphabetical order by subject and chronologically within each file.
Rabbi Harry H. Epstein was the spiritual leader of the Congregation Ahavath Achim in Atlanta, Georgia, for over 50 years. The bulk of the collection relates to his tenure and rabbinate at Ahavath Achim, but there is also material related to his academic career, personal life, and activities as a leading community figure in Atlanta and the South. His papers consist of academic course work, sermons, addresses, meeting minutes, writings, publications, correspondence, and scrapbooks.
Papers consisting of honor, awards, certificates and memorabilia from school and camp activities, and files from the Southern Branch Women's League for Conservative Judaism, the Torah Fund of the Jewish Theological Seminary, and Ahavath Achim Congregation Sisterhood.
Shearith Israel Synagogue was founded in 1892 in Columbus, Georgia, by approximately fifteen Jewish families of Eastern European origin. Over the years, the synagogue has retained an important presence as a conservative Jewish congregation despite its location in a predominantly non-Jewish southern environment. The collection consists of correspondence, minutes, financial records, bulletins, newsletters, and membership records.