Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 92 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: Mss 248
Abstract Papers relating to the varied activities and interests of Adelbert and his wife Miriam including speeches, correspondence photographs, a diary, an olive wood souvenir book from Jerusalem, a scrapbook from a trip to Europe, 1949, a scrapbook from the Walter Duranty lecture in Atlanta, 1942, a membership roster from the Zionist Organization of America, undated, and a personal telephone directory.
Dates: 1909 - 2001
Identifier: Mss 308
Abstract American Jewish Committee - Atlanta Chapter Records, 1968-1992, consisting of 21 linear feet of records including minutes, correspondence, newsletters and miscellaneous publications relating to the varied activities of this organization dedicated to building bridges between the Jewish community and other ethnicities and faiths.
Dates: 1968 - 1992
Identifier: Mss 179
Abstract Ann Uhry Abrams was born in Atlanta, Georgia the daughter of Ralph and Alene Fox Uhry. Her brother, Alfred Uhry, is a famous playwright. She is an accomplished historian. The collection consists of brides books, a baby book, a scrapbook, and a memorial book relating to Fox, Uhry and Abrams family members.
Dates: 1908 - 1973
Identifier: Mss 268
Abstract Papers consisting of a scrapbook; photograph albums; a notebook on the Apex Follies; catalogs and advertisements; photographs; and honors and awards including material relating to Apex Supply Co., chosen as Georgia's 1996 Family Business.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1949 - 2000
Identifier: Mss 309
Abstract Arthur Heyman II, a native of Atlanta, was a World War II veteran and real estate developer. His family papers include correspondence, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, a baby book, a bridal book, and certificates.
Dates: 1882 - 1999
Identifier: Mss 070
Abstract The Associated Grocers Co-op, Inc. was organized in 1929, by eight Atlanta Jewish grocers, who met at the home of Dr. Irving Greenberg. Faced with competition from chain grocery stores, which could buy and sell items less expensively, the Jewish grocers organized a buying group that would have the economic power of the large chain stores. The co-op later opened its rolls to non-Jewish store owners, as well as owners of convenience stores and gas stations. The records consists of financial...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1929 - 1991
Identifier: Mss 206
Identifier: Mss 222
Abstract The Atlanta Federation of Jewish Women's Organizations was founded in 1944 to strengthen relationships between the Jewish women of Atlanta, to promote community interest and to service as a council for community planning. The original member organizations were: The Atlanta Section, National Council of Jewish Women, Atlanta Chapter Hadassah, Temple Sisterhood, Ahavath Achim Sisterhood, Shearith Israel Sisterhood, Or VeShalom Sisterhood, Service Guild, Pioneer Women, and the Women's Auxiliary of...
Dates: 1931 - 1959
Identifier: Mss 115
Abstract Barney Medintz was born in London, England in 1910. At the age of 1 year he immigrated with his family to America. Following graduation from the University of Chicago he moved to Atlanta to serve as director of mens’ and boys’ activities at the Jewish Educational Alliance. Medintz worked for the Alliance for two years. Upon leaving, he founded the Service Uniform Company. In 1936 Medintz married Dorothy Davis. Medintz was active in a variety of youth and humanitarian causes in the Jewish...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1948 - 1985
Identifier: Mss 412
Abstract The Benators were a prominent family in the Atlanta Jewish community. These papers include legal documents, correspondence, and newspaper articles pertaining to the Benator family, the Cadranel family and the Galanti family.
Dates: 1920 - 2017
Identifier: Mss 283
Identifier: Mss 393
Abstract The Havanah Chapter of B’nai B’rith Women existed in Atlanta, Georgia, and was made up of women from Cobb County, Roswell, and the surrounding communities. “Havanah” is the Hebrew word for “understanding” and their mission was to serve the community in every way possible. Their records consist of book club records, program information, correspondence, newspaper clippings, membership directories, and recipes.
Dates: 1997 - 2002
Identifier: Mss 025
Abstract B'nai B'rith Women, Inc. organized an Atlanta chapter in April, 1944. Activities included assistance to Hillel House at the University of Georgia, the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith, and the American Red Cross. B'nai B'rith Women were also actively involved with the sale of war bonds during World War II. Programs of B'nai B'rith Women have historically served both the Jewish and non-Jewish communities of Atlanta. The records include Correspondence, newsletter, records of the B'nai...
Dates: 1936 - 1977
Identifier: Mss 371
Abstract Collection of three scrapbooks containing photographs, letters, newspaper articles and leaflets pertaining to the activities of B’nai B’rith Women – Solel Chapter
Dates: 1986 - 1993
Identifier: Mss 409
Abstract The Brandeis University Women’s Committee was an organization that sponsored many fundraisers, including their annual used book sale. This collection includes newspaper articles, pictures, official documents, membership materials and many awards.
Dates: 1949 - 2007
Frances Hamburger Bunzl interviewed by Sara Ghitis on December 13, 2005
Dates: December 13, 2005
Identifier: Mss 058
Abstract Congregation Beth El was a short-lived Conservative synagogue established in 1954. The records consist of certificate, scrapbook, song sheet, and newsletter.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1954 - 1961
Identifier: Mss 215
Abstract Congregation Beth Jacob is an Orthodox congregation located in Atlanta, Georgia, that was founded in 1943 and is still in existence today. The records consists of annual reports, minutes, correspondence, financial records, membership information, bulletins, newsletters, and building plans for both the 1855 LaVista Road building and its expansion in the 1970s.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1958 - 1993
Identifier: Mss 426
Abstract Congregation Or VeShalom was founded in 1914 when Congregation Ahavat Shalom and Congregation Or Hahayim merged. Its membership was originally comprised of immigrants to Atlanta from Turkey and the Isle of Rhodes. The records consist of congregation footage, ...
Dates: 1973 - 2002
Identifier: Mss 075
Abstract Congregation Shearith Israel was founded in 1904 by a segment of Atlanta’s Eastern European Jewish community. Under Rabbi Geffen’s leadership, the congregation grew as an orthodox congregation that upheld traditional Old World values and rites. The congregation later moved toward conservative Judaism. The largest piece of the collection consists of congregational minutes from 1947-1974. Many of these are in great detail, and they highlight congregational business, as well as discussion and...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1910 - 1990
Identifier: Mss 175
Abstract Dr. David Hein was a gastroenterologist born in 1923 in Atlanta, Georgia. The collection consists of correspondence; writings by Dr. David Hein and Dr. Virginia Herzog Hein; genealogical material relating to the Herzog, Blum, Bloch, Bernd, Cohen, Hein and Montag families; and school memorabilia. Of special interest is a journal article written by Dr. Virginia Hein entitled: "The Image of 'A City Too Busy to Hate': Atlanta in the 1960's" for the "Phylon, The Atlanta University Review of Race and...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1912 - 2005
Identifier: Mss 252
Abstract The Geffen Family played a significant role in the Jewish spiritual life in Atlanta during the 20th century. The papers include certificates, calendars, correspondence, invitations, receipts, and writings.
Dates: 1906 - 2005
Identifier: Mss 255
Abstract A native of Atlanta, David Haver owned a grocery store called “D. Haver Grocery” located on the corner of Solomon and Martin Streets. The papers consist of advertisements, coupons, membership cards, newspaper clippings, and receipts.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1929 - 1972
Identifier: Mss 120
Abstract Dorothy Frankel Miller was a native Atlantan who was active in a wide variety of Jewish youth activities and clubs. The collection consists of programs, invitations, newsletters and miscellany from a scrapbook created by Dorothy Frankel from 1931-1937.
Dates: 1931 - 1962
Identifier: Mss 413
Abstract This collection contains the directories and programs from various academies that Elaine and Jerry Blumenthal donated their time and money to in their life long dedication to their community.
Dates: 1970 - 2011
Identifier: Mss 253
Abstract Elliott Goldstein Papers relating to his community activities with the Atlanta Jewish Federation, The Temple and Union of American Hebrew Congregations and the Atlanta Jewish Federation and one copies of his memoir, "My Memoirs of a Wonderful Life."
Dates: 1892 - 1988
Identifier: Mss 298
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Mss 332
Identifier: Mss 369
Abstract The FunDraisers was a charitable corporation founded to raise money for needy organizations in the Metropolitan Atlanta area. It started in 1988 and disbanded in 2010. The records include correspondence, directories, event information, meeting minutes, newspaper clippings, miscellaneous administration documents, and scrapbooks.
Dates: 1989 - 2010
Identifier: Mss 311
Abstract Future, Inc. was a social investment club that started in 1951 by a group of Atlanta businessmen led by Joe Asher. What started as a portfolio valued at $4800, grew to $1,802,577 by the year 2001. The records contain the organizations articles of incorporation, by-laws, correspondence, finances, invitations, membership information, newspaper clippings, and meeting minutes.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1951 - 2007