Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Founded in 1992, the Davis Academy is Atlanta's Reform Jewish day school. The collection consists of a brochure, newsletters an a program book.
The Geffen Family played a significant role in the Jewish spiritual life in Atlanta during the 20th century. The papers include certificates, calendars, correspondence, invitations, receipts, and writings.
The collection primarily consists of letters written by the brothers and parents of John Maidanek from 1935-1941.
Henry Alexander Jr. was part of an established and prominent Jewish family in Atlanta, Georgia. His papers include many materials related to his activities and those of his family members such as correspondence, programs, invitations, deeds, newspapers articles, writings, and scrapbooks.
Materials collected by Irwin B. Giffen in his capacity as the Executive Director of the Jewish Educational Alliance in Savannah, Georgia.
Rabbi Kranz served Temple Sinai in Atlanta, Georgia for over 25 years. The bulk of the collection is correspondence thanking him for all his service to the community and his congregants. Also in the collection are materials from his tenure at Chicago Sinai congregation. Additional correspondence can be found in subject specific folders.
Temple Beth Israel – Gadsden, Alabama was unofficially founded in 1903. The synagogue and its membership were active in the general community life of Gadsden. Without a growing population, the congregation was finally forced to close its doors in 2010. The collection consists of minutes, correspondence, and bulletins of the congregation, as well as records from Gadsden chapter of B’nai B’rith Women and the Gadsden Federated Jewish Charities.
Temple B'nai Israel has been a Reform congregation since its founding in 1854 and was a charter member of the Union of American Hebrew Congregations, now the Union for Reform Judaism. The records are composed primarily of the minutes and financial records relating to the daily activities of this congregation.