Women -- Societies and clubs
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Formerly known as Mizrachi Women, this Zionist organization raises funds for Israel. The records include certificates, correspondence, financial records, newspaper clippings, membership records, and a scrapbook.
The Havanah Chapter of B’nai B’rith Women existed in Atlanta, Georgia, and was made up of women from Cobb County, Roswell, and the surrounding communities. “Havanah” is the Hebrew word for “understanding” and their mission was to serve the community in every way possible. Their records consist of book club records, program information, correspondence, newspaper clippings, membership directories, and recipes.
The FunDraisers was a charitable corporation founded to raise money for needy organizations in the Metropolitan Atlanta area. It started in 1988 and disbanded in 2010. The records include correspondence, directories, event information, meeting minutes, newspaper clippings, miscellaneous administration documents, and scrapbooks.
In 1958, this branch began as a branch in training. Eleven Sisterhoods participated in the first conference in 1959 with Phyllis Weinstein was chosen as leader. The Women’s League officially accepted the branch at the 1960 Convention. The mission is to serve as a connection between Women’s League and its affiliates and members and to provide services that will strengthen Sisterhoods.
Sylvia Pollock was born in Asheville, NC, January 3, 1929. She attended the University of Missouri from 1947 – 1948. Sylvia and Saul Becker married and moved to Atlanta in 1949, and are the parents of three children. Ms. Becker served on the following committees: Holocaust Commission; Israel Affairs Committee; Goodfriend Holocaust Collection at Woodruff Library, Emory University; National Jewish Resource Center.