Synagogues -- Georgia
Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
B’nai Israel Synagogue in Thomasville, Georgia, was established in 1885 and is still in existence. It is an orthodox congregation. The records consist primarily of Sisterhood of the Congregation including minutes, 1930-1972.
This collection contains records created by and relating to Congregation Agudath Achim, a synagogue in Savannah, Georgia, that is affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism.
Congregation Beth Jacob is an Orthodox congregation located in Atlanta, Georgia, that was founded in 1943 and is still in existence today. The records consists of annual reports, minutes, correspondence, financial records, membership information, bulletins, newsletters, and building plans for both the 1855 LaVista Road building and its expansion in the 1970s.
Congregation Children of Israel was established in 1846 and is still in existence today. The records consist of minutes, correspondence, financial and legal records and general administrative files. Of special interest to researchers is the Sunday school scrapbook, which holds pictures dating as far back as the sixties. The collection also consists of the first check written, which provides official ownership of the congregation.
Congregation Etz Chaim is a conservative synagogue located in Marietta, Georgia. Their records include correspondence, meeting minutes, directories, newsletters, newspaper clippings, and speeches.
Researchers examining the Congregation Yeshurun (Savannah, Ga.) Records will gain insight into an orthodox congregation in Savannah, Georgia. The records are arranged in alphabetical order by subject and chronologically within each file.
The personal papers of Martin Leffler, Sr., a Past President of Congregation Mickve Israel.
Temple B'nai Israel has been a Reform congregation since its founding in 1854 and was a charter member of the Union of American Hebrew Congregations, now the Union for Reform Judaism. The records are composed primarily of the minutes and financial records relating to the daily activities of this congregation.
This congregation is one of Georgia’s oldest and was established in Columbus in 1854. The records consist of an anniversary guest book, 1979 and financial ledger, 1898-1904.
Temple Sinai is a reform synagogue in Sandy Springs, Georgia. Records include correspondence, membership records, scrapbooks and general administrative files of this Reform Jewish congregation.