Jews -- Georgia -- Savannah
Found in 53 Collections and/or Records:
The AMIT Women, Savannah Chapter Records consist of five folders containing administrative records of the Savannah chapter. The collection includes meeting agendas, minutes, membership lists, and a brief history of the national organization. The miscellaneous folder includes correspondence and an undated news clipping.
The Smith family settled in Vidalia, Georgia, and opened a shoe store in 1925. The family business flourished into Max Smith’s Department Store. The papers contain correspondence, newspaper clippings, and material related to Congregation beth Israel and the Savannah Hebrew Day School.
Documents and scrapbooks relating to the Savannah boys’ and girls’ chapters of B’nai B’rith Youth Organization (BBYO), a fraternity and sorority for Jewish high school students.
The financial records of the Savannah Bureau of Jewish Education from 1959-1968. The Bureau of Jewish Education oversaw coordinating the religious education needs for all of Savannah’s Jewish residents. Supported by the Savannah Jewish Council, it was the umbrella organization for a kindergarten, weekday Hebrew school, and a Sunday school.
This collection contains records created by and relating to Congregation Agudath Achim, a synagogue in Savannah, Georgia, that is affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism.
Financial records, correspondence, marketing materials, and meeting minutes created by and relating to Congregation B’nai B’rith Jacob (B.B.J.), an orthodox synagogue in Savannah, Georgia.
Researchers examining the Congregation Yeshurun (Savannah, Ga.) Records will gain insight into an orthodox congregation in Savannah, Georgia. The records are arranged in alphabetical order by subject and chronologically within each file.
David Robinson opened one of the first training schools for radiological technologists in Savannah, Georgia. During his career, he served as President of the Georgia Radiological Society, Chief of Staff at Candler General Hospital in Savannah, and historian of the Georgia Medical Society. The papers include report cards, scrapbook, programs, bulletins, and obituaries.
Edwin J. Feiler, Jr. served as president of Congregation Mickve Israel from 1978-1980. The records document Feiler's presidency and his participation on various committees. Records in the collection include clippings, Board of Adjunta minutes, committee materials, correspondence, financial records, and presidential reports dating from 1973 to 1986.
The Hebrew Women’s Aid Society of Savannah Georgia was founded to help the Jewish Community of Savannah Georgia. They kept detail account of their meetings from 1922-1962. The Hebrew Women’s Aid Society collection consist of three detailed record minutes books of their monthly meeting.
The Itzkovitz (also Iczkovitz) family has been part of the Jewish community in Savannah, Georgia, since the late 1890s. Charles Itzkovitz (1877-1930) and Mollie Friedman (1876-1936) came to the United States from Russia in the last quarter of the 19th Century. The items in this collection consist of clippings, telegrams, greeting cards, and other materials collected by Itzkovitz family members from the 1890s to 1994.
The Jewish Educational Alliance (JEA) was chartered August 2, 1912 to meet the leisure and Americanization needs of the Jewish community in Savannah. The Jewish Educational Alliance (JEA) records consist of scrapbooks, board records, financial records, committee records, building construction and renovation records, men's club records, photographs, scrapbooks, slides, videotapes, and audio cassettes dating from 1920 to 2007.
This collection consists of a scrapbook created by Josephine Hirsch during her senior year at Savannah High School in 1922. It includes autographs, autobiographical inscriptions, clippings, calling cards, photographs, programs, dance cards, and other ephemera.