Synagogues -- Georgia -- Atlanta
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Congregation Beth El was a short-lived Conservative synagogue established in 1954. The records consist of certificate, scrapbook, song sheet, and newsletter.
Congregation Beth Jacob is an Orthodox congregation located in Atlanta, Georgia, that was founded in 1943 and is still in existence today. The records consists of annual reports, minutes, correspondence, financial records, membership information, bulletins, newsletters, and building plans for both the 1855 LaVista Road building and its expansion in the 1970s.
Congregation Or VeShalom was founded in 1914 when Congregation Ahavat Shalom and Congregation Or Hahayim merged. Its membership was originally comprised of immigrants to Atlanta from Turkey and the Isle of Rhodes. The records consist of financial records, and Hebrew school attendance and grade books.
Young Israel of Toco Hills was established in 1994 as a modern Orthodox synagogue associated with the National Council of Young Israel. The records consist of meeting minutes, reports, financial statements, bulletins, correspondence, membership directories, architectural plans and permits, and rabbinical records including sermons, writings, and correspondence.