B'nai B'rith Women
Found in 18 Collections and/or Records:
The B’nai B’rith Girls DJG (Devoted Jewish Girls) Chapter in Atlanta was a popular club for girls in Atlanta, Georgia. It was a part of the B’nai B’rith Youth Organization (BBYO) and B’nai B’rith Girls (BBG). The records consist of a scrapbook that documents their activities in the late 1960s.
The Havanah Chapter of B’nai B’rith Women existed in Atlanta, Georgia, and was made up of women from Cobb County, Roswell, and the surrounding communities. “Havanah” is the Hebrew word for “understanding” and their mission was to serve the community in every way possible. Their records consist of book club records, program information, correspondence, newspaper clippings, membership directories, and recipes.
Collection of three scrapbooks containing photographs, letters, newspaper articles and leaflets pertaining to the activities of B’nai B’rith Women – Solel Chapter
Series 1: Papers consisting of book galleys, manuscripts, plays, musical scores and audiotapes. Series 2: Personal papers, and correspondence of the family.
Malcolm Minsk was treasurer and an active member of Zionist Organization of America for many years. His papers consist of Membership records and correspondence from the Zionist Organization of America-Atlanta District.
The Jewish section of Maple Hill Cemetery in Huntsville, Alabama, was created in 1874 and now consists of over 150 grave monuments and a number of unmarked plots. The records include layouts, publications, histories, receipts, and information on the trust fund that maintains the site.
Mike Bock was born in Atlanta, Georgia. His parents were from Vladivostok, Russia. The collection consists of memorabilia from Edison Brothers Stores, Inc., 1944-1966; and a scrapbook compiled by Ilene Bock Zier, 1951-1956 consisting of B'nai B'rith Youth Organization, school, and camp material.
The Saul family has been active in a wide variety of community activities including Ahavath Achim Congregation, Atlanta Jewish Community Center, Atlanta Jewish Federation and its predecessor organizations, B’nai B’rith Women, and Hillel. The papers consist of records from these various organizations.
Sisterhood of Temple B'nai Israel, Albany. Georgia was originally known as the Hebrew Ladies Aid Society and was founded in 1895 as The Ladies Aid Society. The records consist of correspondence, financial records and minutes.
Temple Beth Israel – Gadsden, Alabama was unofficially founded in 1903. The synagogue and its membership were active in the general community life of Gadsden. Without a growing population, the congregation was finally forced to close its doors in 2010. The collection consists of minutes, correspondence, and bulletins of the congregation, as well as records from Gadsden chapter of B’nai B’rith Women and the Gadsden Federated Jewish Charities.