Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
B’nai Israel Synagogue in Thomasville, Georgia, was established in 1885 and is still in existence. It is an orthodox congregation. The records consist primarily of Sisterhood of the Congregation including minutes, 1930-1972.
Congregation Ariel in Dunwoody, Georgia, opened in 1993 and is an Orthodox synagogue. The records consist of photocopies of a scrapbook.
Congregation Beth Jacob is an Orthodox congregation located in Atlanta, Georgia, that was founded in 1943 and is still in existence today. The records consists of annual reports, minutes, correspondence, financial records, membership information, bulletins, newsletters, and building plans for both the 1855 LaVista Road building and its expansion in the 1970s.
Harry Taratoot was the honorary president of the Anshi Sfard Synagogue. His papers consist of immigration documents, 1922, and records from Congregation Anshi Sfard, 1929-1976.
Rabbi Harry H. Epstein was the spiritual leader of the Congregation Ahavath Achim in Atlanta, Georgia, for over 50 years. The bulk of the collection relates to his tenure and rabbinate at Ahavath Achim, but there is also material related to his academic career, personal life, and activities as a leading community figure in Atlanta and the South. His papers consist of academic course work, sermons, addresses, meeting minutes, writings, publications, correspondence, and scrapbooks.
Rabbi Nathan Katz was the spiritual leader of Congregation Anshi S'fard in Atlanta, Georgia for more than 50 years. The collection consists of sermons, writings, correspondence and newspaper articles.
Documents relating to the Rambam Day School (formerly the Hebrew Community School and Savannah Hebrew Day School), a Jewish day school in Savannah, Georgia.
The United Jewish Orthodox Association was organized by members of the Orthodox community of Atlanta and the Southeast to encourage the Hebrew Orphans' Home to provide orphans with both a Kosher kitchen and a Jewish education. The records include correspondence, minutes (in Yiddish), and contribution lists.
Yeshiva High School of Atlanta was a modern Orthodox Jewish school founded in 1970. The records consist of anniversary books and brochures.
Young Israel of Toco Hills was established in 1994 as a modern Orthodox synagogue associated with the National Council of Young Israel. The records consist of meeting minutes, reports, financial statements, bulletins, correspondence, membership directories, architectural plans and permits, and rabbinical records including sermons, writings, and correspondence.