Showing Collections: 391 - 420 of 437
Stanford Makover was a prominent businessman and community leader in in Atlanta, Georgia. The collection consists of records from Shirley of Atlanta and an annual report from Ahavath Achim Congregation.
Susan Barnard was one of the founders of the Atlanta Group Home, Inc a home for developmentally disabled adults. This collection includes newspaper articles and documents about how the home was established.
Sylvia Pollock was born in Asheville, NC, January 3, 1929. She attended the University of Missouri from 1947 – 1948. Sylvia and Saul Becker married and moved to Atlanta in 1949, and are the parents of three children. Ms. Becker served on the following committees: Holocaust Commission; Israel Affairs Committee; Goodfriend Holocaust Collection at Woodruff Library, Emory University; National Jewish Resource Center.
Founded in 1888, Temple Beth El is the Reform congregation in Anniston, Alabama. The collection consists primarily of minutes of the Ladies Hebrew Benevolent Society also known as Henrietta Sterne Sisterhood and the Anniston Sisterhood. The minutes provide insight into both the “good works” of Ladies Benevolent Societies as well as the importance of this particular sisterhood in the overall success of this congregation.
Temple Beth Israel – Gadsden, Alabama was unofficially founded in 1903. The synagogue and its membership were active in the general community life of Gadsden. Without a growing population, the congregation was finally forced to close its doors in 2010. The collection consists of minutes, correspondence, and bulletins of the congregation, as well as records from Gadsden chapter of B’nai B’rith Women and the Gadsden Federated Jewish Charities.
Temple B'nai Israel has been a Reform congregation since its founding in 1854 and was a charter member of the Union of American Hebrew Congregations, now the Union for Reform Judaism. The records are composed primarily of the minutes and financial records relating to the daily activities of this congregation.
This congregation is one of Georgia’s oldest and was established in Columbus in 1854. The records consist of an anniversary guest book, 1979 and financial ledger, 1898-1904.
Temple Sinai is a reform synagogue in Sandy Springs, Georgia. Records include correspondence, membership records, scrapbooks and general administrative files of this Reform Jewish congregation.
The Breman Museum Audiovisual Collection consists of videos created by, for, or in part from the Breman Museum. The collection is arranged into several series and alphabetical or chronological within each series.
Researchers studying The Dannenberg Company (Macon, Ga.) Records will gain insight into a Jewish-owned department store in central Georgia. All material is arranged in alphabetical order by subject and chronologically within each folder.
Various papers about Ernst Braun's military service and cilivan life during World War II from 1941 to 1945.
Various papers from the Kaufmann and Steinheimer families' respectively from the 1880s to the 1960s.
Various papers related to and regarding the Eplan family collected by Leon Eplan and later his son, Harlan Eplan from 1905 to 2018.
Various papers collected by the Richard and Greta Hamm during their lives in Germany then Shanghai then America from 1920 to 1989.
Various papers and newspaper paper clippings from Sam Massell Jr. and his family from the 1930s ot the early 2000s.
Documents relating to Atlanta area participants in the Shoah Foundation's oral history project.
From its humble beginning in 1867, The Temple has become one of the most well-respected congregations in the Southeast and continues to offer both spiritual and secular leadership for its many members. The records consist of meeting minutes, reports, financial statements, bulletins, correspondence, membership records, religious school records, and newsletters.
The Temple Sisterhood was established on December 9, 1912, and is the oldest congregation-sponsored women's organization in Atlanta. The records are primarily composed of minutes, scrapbooks, programs, invitations, reports, speeches and Garden Club records.
Various papers collected by the Carolyn Goldberg Oettinger and her daughter Janice Rothschild Blumberg from 1871 to 1976.
A study of Jewish population, funded by the Federation in 1947, highlighted the need for a facility based on the growing number and higher percentage of aged in the total population. The William Breman Jewish Home opened its facility for the aged in 1951. The collection consists of minutes, correspondence, and newsletters.
A native Atlantan, Tom Asher is a prominent businessman and community leader. The collection consists of records from the Elsas family reunion held in Atlanta in 1993; record books belonging to Oscar Elsas, President of Fulton Bag and Cotton Mills following the retirement of his father Jacob in 1913; material relating to the works of playwright Alfred Uhry, a boyhood friend of Tom Asher; and newsletters from Rich's, the store at which Joseph Asher was employed.
The Hungarian Benevolent Society was founded in 1911 in Atlanta, Georgia. The mission of the organization was to come to the relief of its members. In 1942, the organization changed its name to the United Benevolent Society.
The United Hebrew School was Atlanta's first attempt at a community-wide Hebrew school available to all Jewish children regardless of synagogue affiliation. The records consist of correspondence, minutes, fliers, financial records and a 1929 report of the status of Jewish education in Atlanta.