Scope and Contents
Dr. Heinz Weens Family Papers, 1918-1999, consisting of personal correspodence, school records, and government documents, such as immigration and restitution papers.
- 1918 - 1999
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on access.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Dr. Heinz Weens was an Emory professor and radiologist who escaped to the United States during the height of Nazi Germany. He spent the remainder of his life in America continuing his education, furthering his medical career, and raising a daughter with his wife, fellow Holocaust survivor Suzanne Weens nee Rosenthal. Their daughter, Joanne called "Joan", followed in her father's footsteps and became a doctor as well. Joan donated this collection of family papers to the archive before her death in 2020.
2 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Various papers collected by the Weens family, consisting of Heinz, Suzanne, and their daughter Joan, from 1918 to 1999.
The collection is arranged by alphabetically by subject with each box and chronologically within each folder.
The Cuba Family Archives for Southern Jewish History, The William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum, 1440 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30309.
- Atlanta (Ga.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Australian Internment Camps Subject Source: Local sources
- Emory University Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Holocaust Restitution Subject Source: Local sources
- Holocaust survivors Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Germany Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Radiologists -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rosenthal Family Subject Source: Local sources
- Weens Family Subject Source: Local sources
- Dr. Heinz Weens Family Papers Mss 432
- Kayley Rapp
- January 2022
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum Repository
1440 Spring St. NW
Atlanta Georgia 30309 United States