American Jewish Committee, Atlanta Office Records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of correspondence relating to the work of the Atlanta Office of the AJC.
- 1968 - 1992
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on accessing material in this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The American Jewish Committee (AJC) seeks to advance the peace and security of the Jewish people around the world. Through high-level diplomacy, strong legislative advocacy, and effective interreligious and interethnic coalitions, AJC has made a significant impact on issues critical to the Jewish people. With key relationships at the regional, national, and international levels—from diplomats, to global decision-makers and community leaders —AJC is the preeminent global Jewish advocate. Founded in 1944, AJC's Atlanta Regional Office works to bridge the gap between the Atlanta Jewish community and other ethnic and faith based communities.
21 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
American Jewish Committee - Atlanta Chapter Records, 1968-1992, consisting of 21 linear feet of records including minutes, correspondence, newsletters and miscellaneous publications relating to the varied activities of this organization dedicated to building bridges between the Jewish community and other ethnicities and faiths.
Files arranged in alphabetical order, contents remain in original donor order.
Photos moved to visual arts collection.
The majority of business records and files are housed at the Atlanta Jewish Committee New York office.
- American Jewish Committee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Atlanta (Ga.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Israel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- Georgia Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- Georgia -- Atlanta Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- American Jewish Committee, Atlanta Office Records, Mss 308
- Demece Harvey; and additions processed by Josh Waldrop
- October, 2014; and additions processed August, 2018
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum Repository
1440 Spring St. NW
Atlanta Georgia 30309 United States