Delta Phi Epsilon, Psi Chapter (University of Georgia) Records
Delta Phi Epsilon, Psi Chapter (University of Georgia) Records, 1944 – 2002, consisting of manuals, scrapbooks, photographs and objects including a mezuzah; a place setting of sorority dinnerware; and a silver punch bowl.
- Creation: 1994 - 2002
- Delta Phi Epsilon (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on accessing material in this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Delta Phi Epsilon is a sorority of women dedicated to a lifetime of sisterhood and the development of all members through a commitment to excellence. On March 17, 1817, five women at New York University School of Law took a pledge of sisterhood and loyalty and so founded Alpha Chapter of Delta Phi Epsilon, the first non-sectarian sorority and the only one founded at a professional school. Delta Phi Epsilon mission is “Sorority women dedicated to a lifetime of sisterhood and the development of all members through a commitment to Excellence.” This organization was built on the bonds of sisterhood, pride in the sorority, and support for one another.
15 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
File folders arranged in alphabetical order, scrapbooks arranged by year, artifacts moved to artifact cabinet.
Artifacts moved to artifact cabinet
- Delta Phi Epsilon, Psi Chapter (University of Georgia) Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum Repository
1440 Spring St. NW
Atlanta Georgia 30309 United States