Congregation Etz Chaim (Marietta, Ga.) Records
Scope and Contents
Researchers studying the Congregation Etz Chaim (Marietta, Ga.) Records will gain insight into conservative Judaism and the formation of a congregation in the northern suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia.
- 1978 - 1994
- Congregation Etz Chaim (Marietta, Ga.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on accessing material in this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Congregation Etz Chaim was established in the fall of 1975 to meet the needs of the expanding needs of the expanding Jewish community of north metropolitan Atlanta. It is affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism. It offers religious activities, education, youth groups, and community activities to its members.
0.6 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Congregation Etz Chaim is a conservative synagogue located in Marietta, Georgia. Their records include correspondence, meeting minutes, directories, newsletters, newspaper clippings, and speeches.
The records are arranged in alphabetical order by subject and chronologically within each file.
Photographs removed to the visual arts collection.
- Conservative Judaism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- Georgia -- Marietta Subject Source: Local sources
- Marietta (Ga.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rabbis Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Synagogues -- Georgia Subject Source: Local sources
- United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Congregation Etz Chaim (Marietta, Ga.) Records, Mss 305
- Jeremy Katz
- July, 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum Repository
1440 Spring St. NW
Atlanta Georgia 30309 United States