Yeshiva High School of Atlanta Records
Yeshiva High School of Atlanta was a modern Orthodox Jewish school founded in 1970. The records consist of anniversary books and brochures.
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1981 - 1999
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on accessing material in this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Yeshiva High School of Atlanta was founded on August 28, 1970 by ten individuals who were concerned with the rising tide of intermarriage and assimilation of Jews in the Atlanta area. The first class consisted of 12 students. It was a modern Orthodox high school with a mission to offer well-rounded, Torah-based, college-preparatory education to young Jewish men and women. The school, located in Doraville, Georgia, a northeastern suburb of Atlanta, was later known as Yeshiva Atlanta, or “YA.” On July 1, 2014, the school merged with the Katherine and Jacob Greenfield Hebrew Academy, a Jewish day school serving children from kindergarten through 8th grades. The new combined school, known as the Atlanta Jewish Academy, opened for the 2014-2015 school year at Greenfield Hebrew Academy’s campus in Sandy Springs, a suburb north of Atlanta. Atlanta Jewish Academy, like Yeshiva Atlanta before it, is governed by modern Orthodox principles.
0.4 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The records are arranged in alphabetical order by subject and chronologically within each folder.
- Yeshiva High School of Atlanta Records, Mss 223
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum Repository
1440 Spring St. NW
Atlanta Georgia 30309 United States