JEA Women’s Club (Savannah, Ga.) Records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of one full-size document case containing eighteen folders. It includes meeting minutes, annual reports, and the Constitution of the JEA Women’s Club, as well as five scrapbooks documenting the Club’s activities from the late 1920s to the early 1960s. Along with materials relating specifically to the Women’s Club, the collection contains materials associated with the Jewish Educational Alliance as a whole.
- Creation: 1922 - 1987
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on accessing material in this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Savannah’s Jewish Educational Alliance (JEA) was founded in 1912 to serve the needs of the growing Jewish population in Georgia’s first city. In 1922, female members of the Alliance created a group to become its Women’s auxiliary. According to its constitution, the Women’s Club’s “aims and purposes shall be to raise funds to help maintain and beautify the Jewish Educational Alliance, to assist and participate in all activities of the Jewish Educational Alliance… to improve the Civic, Moral, Religious, Cultural, Social, and Physical welfare of the community at large, and to further all American and Jewish interest in general.” The Women’s Club was an integral part of the JEA for more than 30 years. It is currently unknown when the Women’s Club was officially dissolved, but as of 2017, the only club in continual operation at the JEA is its Garden Club.
0.4 Linear Feet : One full-size document case
Language of Materials
The records of the Women’s Club of the Jewish Educational Alliance in Savannah, Georgia, from 1922 to 1987.
This collection is arranged in alphabetical order by folder title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
JEA Women’s Club Records are part of the Savannah Jewish Archives which were transferred from the Georgia Historical Society to the Breman Museum in 2015.
- JEA Women’s Club (Savannah, Ga.) Records
- Lindsay B. Resnick
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum Repository
1440 Spring St. NW
Atlanta Georgia 30309 United States