Scope and Contents
Researchers studying the Morris Dwoskin Family Papers will gain insight into Jewish life in Atlanta, Georgia. All material is arranged alphabetically by subject and chronologically within each folder.
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1927 - 1988
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on accessing material in this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Dwoskin, Inc. a family-owned decorating enterprise, was founded in 1914 and based in Atlanta, Georgia. Dwoskin was at one time the nation’s largest wholesaler of wall coverings and one of the South’s largest painting and decorating firms. Leadership of Dwoskin Inc., of Atlanta, in the Southern wallpaper and wall covering fields, is a family success story. Morris Dwoskin founded the business in 1914 was a master mural painter and an outstanding authority on wall decoration. As time went, the sons, Harry, Oscar, Nathan, and Paul (son of Harry) joined the business, along with his daughter Anne Moss.
1.2 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Morris Dwoskin was the founder of Dwoskin, Inc. an Atlanta based wallpaper company. His son Harry was extremely active in wide variety of Jewish and general community organizations and was elected the president of the Better Business Bureau in Atlanta in 1966. The collection consists of a scrapbook highlighting the accomplishments of Harry Dwoskin; records and memorabilia from Dwoskin, Inc.; and records from Ahavath Achim Congregation.
All material is arranged alphabetically by subject and chronologically within each folder.
Collection processed by Sandra Berman, revised to EAD format by Demece Harvey (May 2013), and entered into ArchivesSpace by Lindsay Resnick (June 2020).
- Morris Dwoskin Family Papers, Mss 134
- Sandra Berman
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum Repository
1440 Spring St. NW
Atlanta Georgia 30309 United States