Helen Eisemann Alexander Papers
Scope and Contents
Researchers studying the Helen Eisemann Alexander Papers will gain insight into Jewish women involvement in the community during the 20th century. Of special interest is an invitation to dinner honoring Martin Luther King Jr. on his Nobel Peace Prize. All material is arranged in alphabetical order by subject and chronologically within each folder.
- 1919 - 1984
- Alexander, Helen Eisemann, 1922-2004 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on accessing material in this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Helen Eisemann Alexander was active in the American Jewish Committee, civil rights, the arts, the Speech and Hearing Clinic and the National Council of Jewish Women.
0.2 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The Speech and Hearing Clinic was established in 1952 primarily through the efforts of Helen Eisemann Alexander and five other women who were concerned that there was no help available for hearing impaired African American children in Atlanta. Her papers contain records relating to civil rights, the American Jewish Committee and the establishment of the Speech and Hearing Clinic.
All material is arranged in alphabetical order by subject and chronologically within each folder.
The Cuba Family Archives for Southern Jewish History, The William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum, 1440 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30309.
Photograph removed to visual arts collection.
- American Jewish Committee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civil Rights Movement Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Intermarriage Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish women Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Council of Jewish Women Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- The Speech and Hearing Clinic Subject Source: Local sources
- United Service Organization (USO) Subject Source: Local sources
- Helen Eisemann Alexander Papers, Mss 072
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum Repository
1440 Spring St. NW
Atlanta Georgia 30309 United States